Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experienced) - Duke Regional Hospital - ICU Unit, FT Nights
Duke University Health System
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 227540
Duke Regional Hospital Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of internationally recognized Duke University Health System. Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and professional development for employees who have served for decades in our hospital units.Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the world. U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #9 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated hospital.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Duke University Health System- Duke Regional Hospital seeks to hire a new graduate or experienced registered nurse, who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
How about our $15,000 sign-on bonus, available for Registered Nurses with one year or more of clinical/bedside experience and new to Duke? Duke offers Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Loan Forgiveness, Relocation Assistance Grants and much more!
Duke Regional Hospital - ICU
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The ICU at Duke Regional is comprised of 22 beds. Our team of nursing staff provides care for patients 14 years or older with actual or potential life-threatening conditions by performing complex assessments, high intensity therapies, interventions, and continuous monitoring. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
· RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 1-2
· Phenomenal teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for professional development.
· Extraordinary unit culture that embraces each team member - a sense of belonging.
· Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body systems, and robust care management skills.
Full time: 3, 12 hour shifts, Rotating 7a/7p
How about our $15,000 sign-on bonus, available for Registered Nurses with at least two years of clinical/bedside experience and new to Duke? Duke offers Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Loan Forgiveness, Relocation Assistance Grants and much more!
What you will do:
As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University Health System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
· Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures under the supervision of the team leader or charge nurse.
· Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
· Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
· Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and identify resources available to assist in completing components of care in a timely manner.
· Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
· Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
· Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance improvement activities.
What you can expect:
· Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status, access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients, independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
· Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
· Relationship management with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we'll provide:
Experienced Nurses: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending on level of experience.
· Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from Office of Continuing Education.
· Clinical Ladder Advancement
· Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
· Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
· Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Performance Increases
· Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
· Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma program.
***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Licensure and Certification Required:
· Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
· BLS Certification
· Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.