All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The Nurse Manager-Operations is a specialized health care professional who collaborates with the Nursing Director and other leaders to provide leadership to the outpatient surgery, operating room and recovery room departments at AdventHealth Hendersonville. Nurse Manager-Operations will focus on daily operations of the departments including but not limited to departmental staffing, scheduling, human resources functions, and patient care activities. Advocates and allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, quality and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. Integrates clinical, human resource, and financial data to support decision making. Ensures compliance with regulatory and professional standards. Demonstrates leadership through conflict resolution and service recovery with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Removes barriers to effectively implement strategic plan to achieve vision. Maintains clinical competency in order to provide patient care as appropriate. Ensures regulatory compliance.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Ensures appropriate daily staffing based on patient census, acuity needs, and skill mix.
· Reviews daily productivity and worked hours per Unit of Service
· Reviews monthly financial management reports in collaboration with director and other unit managers.
· Responsible for overseeing the delegation of nursing care functions to personnel qualified to assume such responsibility and to perform nursing care functions
· Responsible for tactical throughput management for staff and patient flow
· Ensures appropriate long-term scheduling; manages staff requested time off; ensures vacancies are addressed
· Maintains scheduling system for the department.
· Management of core staffing
· Disciplinary Actions
· Develops and implements employee engagement strategies
· Monitors staff attendance records
· Provides performance evaluation feedback to staff.
· Participates in active communication with medical staff
· Participates in or leads hospital and departmental committees
· Leads and participates in process improvement within department and in organization
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or enrollment in BSN program within 1 year of hire required.
A minimum of 3 years of recent nursing experience in acute care nursing required.
Demonstrated leadership skills required.
Current RN Licensure in the state of North Carolina required.
Current BCLS certification required.
ACLS certification required within first year of hire.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.