VMG Nurse Practitioner (Part Time), Adolescent Medicine
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2204093
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time Nurse Practitioner, Adolescent Medicine & Young Adult Health
This half-time nurse practitioner will spend all their clinical time (50%) in the Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic within the Department of Pediatrics. The ideal candidate will be experienced at assessing and managing the health care needs of adolescents, young adults, and their families with a focus on providing outstanding primary care and consultative care addressing: 1) reproductive health care needs, 2) counseling on contraceptive options, and 3) assessing and treating youth with suspected eating disorders and other mental health conditions. The NP will be part of an interprofessional team and part of a learning environment with trainees from a variety of disciplines. Job responsibilities include assessing, diagnosing, planning, and prescribing medication, health promotion and preventive care of Adolescents and young adults.
The NP will be expected to
* Provide diagnostic and assessment services. * Secure a health history from patient and/or family, records findings, and evaluates them. * Perform a complete in-depth physical examination. Order/perform pertinent diagnostic tests based on age and history. * Analyze data collected to determine health status and identify differential diagnoses based on history, physical exam, and clinical findings. * Partner with physicians regarding proposed plan of care. * Order age-appropriate immunizations, assess physical growth, and perform developmental assessments and screening tests. * Refer patients to appropriate specialty services. * Work to improve patient flow through clinic by seeing lower acuity patients efficiently. * Communicate effectively with parents and caregivers regarding assessments, treatments, and management.
Key functions and expected performances: The Division cares for a large, diverse patient population, and we seek to provide care consistent with a medical home model. We are a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and are working to improve continuity for patients with their primary provider, and this position will support that increased continuity. This position typically operates from 8:00 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday (with some flexibility of hours to best serve our patients and support clinic efficiency)
Master's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experience. 12 months of nursing experience preferred; Inpatient acute care advanced practice nursing experience desirable.
Prefer National Specialty Board Certification, TN APN certificate/certificate of fitness to prescribe, eligible for DEA
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.