- In accordance with the mission and vision of the hospital, the rehabilitation nurse will collect, assess, and interpret data while considering factors of safety, efficacy, and cost to ensure provision of therapeutic and ethical care of the patient.
As an active and collaborative member of the interdisciplinary team, and in conjunction with the patient and family, the rehabilitation nurse will help establish goals and strategies to facilitate the progression of the patient to a state of health and independence.
- The rehabilitation nurse will perform all elements of nursing assessment including physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health using nursing theory.
- Delegation of care and supervision of any applicable staff will be done in accordance with the nurse practice act and the practice of professional nursing.
- The rehabilitation nurse will acquire and maintain knowledge specific to the profession of rehabilitation nursing and will assume responsibility for their own professional development and that of others who may be under their purview.
- The rehabilitation nurse will comply with all regulatory requirements, organizational policies and procedures, as well as organizational behavior standards to create a safe and effective care environment.