Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105038077
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
The Case Manager accomplishes patientsâ�� care by assessing treatment needs developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches, coordinating and providing care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, and patient-centered.
- Assesses admission necessity utilizing the IQ SI/IS criteria for fee-for-service Medicare patients, all other payers will be handled by Tenet Call Center (TCC). Review date will be assigned. If treatment plan does not meet criteria, the UR nurse will refer case to attending physician. If no determination, the UR nurse will refer the case to the UR Physician Advisor.
- Performs the initial IQ and clinical review within one working day of admission and documents in Allscripts all that are not reviewed by TCC within 24 hours.
- Performs continued stay IQ and documents in Allscripts a concurrent review every 3 days or sooner, depending upon the payer, change in LOC, or clinical status.
- Reviews all Observation patients daily and performs inpatient IQ.
- Initiates discharge planning per Department standard. All payer sources are screened for high risk, high volume and problem prone patients.
- Conducts Adult Transition Evaluations with patients and significant others within 24 hours of admission. Explores avenues of discharge planning.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of human behavior and counseling skills as they relate to patient and staff needs
- Documents in Allscripts information and events as they occur. Maintain verbal and written communication with physician, staff, and family regarding discharge planning process. Notes signed (with name and title) and dated with each entry into the discharge planning record.
- Implements innovative discharge planning when needs are out of the ordinary or resources unavailable. Utilizes insurance plan's case management for planning, if available.
- Assists patients and families with information regarding social, economic and emotional aspects and makes necessary referral to social work, financial counseling or educational resources. Acts as a resource to patients and families.
- Assists physicians in transferring patients to other facilities. Coordinates exchange of information, records, transportation and notifications. Documents activities in Discharge Planning notes.
- Educates medical and nursing staff on discharge planning for continuity of care. Lower level of care; i.e., role of HHC, SNF, REHAB, etc. Interprets, CCS Medi-care, Medi-Cal, IMS, private insurance and HMO's as they pertain to discharge planning.
- Acts as a community relations person. Participates in meetings and in-services by outside providers. Networks with others in the community.
- Participates in and initiates family conferences as needed and weekly complex case reviews.
- Returns all telephone reviews to insurance companies within one working day.
- Updates Discharge Plan and barriers on the eTEMPO board daily.
- Actively participates in daily TEMPO rounding.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Current California RN license, and a current BLS certification
Minimum Experience: Three to five years of experience in an acute care hospital setting (medical/surgical preferred)
Must be proficient in typing.
Ability to write and communicate professionally
Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office
Broad knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal and insurance guidelines.
Critical care experience (For Resource Case Manager)
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.