UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: 2021-97086
Are you interested in being part of a high performing team that provides support and compassion to patients with mental illness? St. Luke’s Inpatient Adult Mental Health unit has been providing acute mental health care services for years and are the experts in this field. Mental Health Registered Nurses utilize trauma informed care techniques to provide support to patients in acute crisis, with a focus on immediate safety and ongoing support to successfully transition back into the community or placement to meet the continuing needs of each of our patients.
Why choose UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s Adult Mental Health Unit?
Join a cohesive team that knows the importance of working together
Safe working environments with access to 24/7 security services and additional behavioral health response
You will have the opportunity to work with a large collaborative healthcare team. The team includes a supportive nursing leadership team, nurses, mental health workers, patient care technicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, recreational therapists, care coordination, and social work
· Successful completion of an accredited nursing program
· Three to five years of clinical leadership with recognized knowledge and expertise in caring for specific patient populations
· Possess current RN licensure in the State of Iowa
· Maintain current BLS certification
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Specialty certification
· Writes, reads, speaks, and comprehends fluent English
· Ability to direct others and to exercise judgment in problem-solving scenarios
· Ability to lead and/or participate in multidisciplinary teams
· Possess a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice and an expanded knowledge of current clinical and specialized patient care concepts.
· Possess a broad and varied knowledge base that is continually enhanced through self-directed study and participation in educational opportunities.
· Possess knowledge of performance improvement and quality standards.
· Ability to complete basic computer course through in-hospital training; develops and maintains necessary computer skills including Word and Excel.
About UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids, IA
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values: Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence and Seize Opportunities. The personal mission of St. Luke's - Cedar Rapids is to give the healthcare we'd like our loved ones to receive. Our mission runs deep - guiding everything we do. Volunteer Services supports the delivery of that mission with over 900 active volunteers, thus making us the largest department of the hospital. St. Luke’s volunteers have been a visible demonstration of unfailing loyalty and dedicated care to our patients, families and associates for years. Volunteers are essential to our success and as a result are viewed as valuable team members. What Human Resources is to associates, Volunteer Services is to Volunteers. Volunteers can be found at St. Luke’s seven days a week. Our program is forward thinking and volunteer can be found here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Volunteers are in more than 120 different assignments ranging from non- patient care to direct public contact to direct patient contact. Volunteer Services is proud to be offering internships in a variety of... categories where students can put their classroom learning into practice and help Volunteer Services leverage ongoing department development while advancing your learning professionally and personally in a real world experience.