The Community Behavioral Health unit on 6 West is an adult behavioral health unit that specializes in the care of the seriously and persistently mentally ill adult. 6 West accepts all patients, insured, public aid, etc. The unit programming and structure is designed to care for patients with all mental illness diagnoses, but specializes in those with psychotic and mood disorders; we also care for adults with intellectual and development disabilities. The unit and service line is growing; there is a future for you in this complex, challenging and rewarding specialty.
Registered Nurse-Community Behavioral Health
Peoria Methodist Medical Ctr
Full time/7P-7A with every other weekend required or 3P-11P every other weekend required
Summary: As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients through the application of the nursing process.
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOCUS: Promotes the use of evidence based practice through the nursing process, protocols and procedures.
1. Assesses patient's status through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes
2. Develops an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
3. Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes
4. Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift
5. Modifies plan of care based on evaluation
1. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
2. Individuals hired after August 1, 2013 must obtain a BSN within 2.5 years of hire
1.Valid CPR required before start date
2. Registered Nurse in the state of IL
3. Additional Information: graduate of nursing program
UnityPoint Health has a vision for health care, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient every time."
Our team of professionals communicates with you to clearly and effectively address your health care in the most appropriate setting: whether that is a clinic, a hospital or at home. Our 30,000 employees, including home care experts, our hospital teams and more than 900 doctors ...and specialists, focus on your care, your concerns and your health. We are constantly looking for better ways to work together to improve the way health care is delivered.