Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Heritage Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 26-bed hospital providing acute psychiatric treatment to adults over the age of 18.
DON is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of patient care systems and patient care in nursing areas and departments.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and: four (4) years of experience - two (2) in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field, (2) years of experience and one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
- Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of California is required.
- If employed at Inpatient Program:
- Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid, must receive training within 30 days of employment and remain current on those trainings throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- A MSN degree and administrative experience in long term care preferred.
- CPR certification is preferred.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls nursing services.
- Develops departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures; and organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; functions in an advisory capacity to the administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of persons served.
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments.
- Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility.
- Is available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve travel.
- Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed.
- Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
- Implements the safety program and actively participates in reducing Workers Compensation.
- Establishes standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department.
- Manages the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget.
- Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements.
- Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards. ? Collaborates with leadership team and all department on quality initiatives.
- Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care.
- Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Department and ensures sound practice.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Nursing Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care.
- Is a member of all committees involving persons served safety, nursing policies, practices and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for her/his professional growth and the ongoing professional development of the nursing staff.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual.
Apply now by clicking http://apptrkr.com/1117867
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.